Featured General Ghosts

Kindred Spirits – Episode 1

October 22, 2016

Last night, Kindred Spirits premiered on TLC. I was a nervous wreck, as I knew we were doing something different, and I was so afraid people wouldn’t “get” it. That they wouldn’t understand the softer side of paranormal investigation. Boy, were my fears unfounded. The ratings aren’t in yet, but the messages, emails, comments, tweets, etc ARE – and they’ve been overwhelmingly positive. Literally, I think I’ve read less than ten negative things about the show – which is a WIN! Thank you everyone for watching and THANK YOU for being so supportive and warm. It’s just what we’d hoped for.

I have been getting a few questions over and over though. So, I wanted to address them for you here.

*Why does Adam identify as 33 and Lucy is still a little girl?

The simple answer is: we don’t know. We’ve seen it before however, and it’s exactly why we continue to do what we do. The paranormal field is never cut and dry and we definitely aren’t even close to having all the answers.

*Why didn’t you “cross them over”?

I can’t even begin to tell you how many cases I have been on, where someone claims to  “cross” someone over – but I return days, weeks or years later, to find that same entity or entities in the space. I realize some people have different thoughts on this, but I am just speaking from my experience. You’re welcome to handle your investigations any way you please of course. 🙂

In all my years investigating, I have yet to see any proof that crossing something over works and the last thing I want to do is instill a false promise in these poor people. What I have found though, is helping these entities with their issues and the WHY they are here, does greatly diminish activity. This is why Adam and I work tirelessly for an answer. We try to understand WHY this person is still lingering. Is it something left unsaid? Let’s say it for them. Is it unfinished business? Let’s finish up that business. Is it a mystery unsolved? Let’s solve that mystery. It’s not as easy as saying, “go to the light”, but I’ve certainly seen it work.

*I saw legs in the woods in one of the shots on the show.

That was a b-roll shot of the woods. I can’t say it wasn’t a ghost…but, since we shoot b-roll at the same time as we’re setting up for our investigation, it’s more likely it was a unintentional shot of Adam or me setting up cameras in the woods. 😉

That’s all for now! Can’t wait for you all to see next week!!! Again, thank you for the amazing level of support.

xoxoxo,

~ a

• Reply Dawn October 22, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Absolutely think you both handled this case with such care and sensitivity,, I can not wait to see more.! I happen to agree with you on the crossing over.. I think people need to be really careful putting their personal religion and beliefs into investigations. You are there to help the client and not give them “false” hope.

• Reply Sherry October 22, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I’m so grateful to you and Adam for presenting a more “normal” paranormal investigation. I’m certain many things are startling or even frightening sometimes, but I get dreadfully tired of “OH MY GOD! DID YOU HEAR THAT?,” constant chatter that drowns out possible EVPs, etc. I think you and Adam handled this family’s questions with truly heartfelt concern and respect. It was a delight to see the two of you on TV together again. I look forward to, I hope, many more years of the two of you investigating with dignity and grace. God bless you both! (And Charlotte and “Mr. Amy” also!)

• Reply Dawn October 22, 2016 at 9:37 pm

What a great show!!! I’ll keep on watching you and Adam! You guys are the GREATEST!!!

• Reply Dee October 22, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Loved the show. I have followed so many different shows from the U.S. and the U.K. Kindred Spirits is very professional and personal. Excellent Amy and Adam.

• Reply AnnieV October 22, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Amy, it was so fun watching you and Adam work, we loved the show! We were lucky enough to meet you both at the Octagon House in 2012 when you were pregnant with Charlotte, and watching the two of you interact and investigate together very much reminded me of the partnership you had at that event. I’m so happy we get to see more of the both of you!

• Reply Cindy Boucher October 22, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I was watching enraptured, when my DVR let me down. …
    Will there be a repeat of this epic episode?

• Reply John Paul Sorrentino October 22, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Why does a baby or child not go straight to heaven when they die?

• Reply Donna Thacher October 22, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Loved your show and also when you guys were with Jason and the crew.My question is we had a paranormal group in our home 6 months ago and got activity in the form of voices.My father passed away last yr and we also heard his voice and calling our names.We would love to inquire with you if you would investigate our home to look into the paranormal activity we were having at our home and uncover new evidence. Since the paranormal group was here i wll admit the activity has ceased.We would love to have you investigate our home and meet you also.Thank you Donna Thacher

• Reply Julie October 22, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I don’t see a need to cross someone over, especially a loved one. I believe when we lose someone close (for me my husband) they aren’t always here with us but they know when we need them and come over. I also believe that he’s waiting for when it’s my time so we can be together again.
    The show was wonderful, looking forward to next weeks episode.

• Reply Sally October 22, 2016 at 10:29 pm

The two of you did such an amazing job! I love the way you approach your investigating and how you dealt with the family members. I look forward to the up coming shows! I wish you much success in your endeavours !
    God bless. ❤

• Reply Roger Mears October 22, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Watched Ghost Hunters for years. Never kept my interest as much as your show did. Kudos to Amy and Adam for all their hard work in this new show. Won’t miss an episode. Congratulations.

• Reply Brenda Wallace October 22, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Loved the show and am so glad that Adam and Yourself took on this adventure. The two of you make a great team and I am looking forward to future shows

• Reply Betty claxton October 23, 2016 at 12:21 am

I love your show but I’m going to miss ghost hunters .i like you and Adam together you two are great.

• Reply Martha October 23, 2016 at 12:44 am

Amy and Adam, you knocked it out of the park. Your show is fantastic. I just love it and can’t wait for next week.

• Reply Crystal, Collin and Chey Andersen October 23, 2016 at 4:08 am

The way you handled the emotions of the homeowner were impeccable. You made sure she was present when needed but gently told her when you would need alone time with Adam in a certain area because you didn’t have all the answers yet. You guys asked if you could borrow her home, I’m sure that made her feel less like “Holy crap there are strangers in my house trying to verify the presence of spirits” and more like “There are two professionals inside my home who are respecting my space and trying to find me answers”.
    It’s so good to see you and Adam back together!! You work so fluidly as a team, it’s awesome to watch.
    The age of Lucy and the age of your daughter were so astonishing, when the EVP said “Lucy”, I told my husband, “Amy didn’t want it to be her.”. I could tell by your reaction.
    Thank you guys for bringing a very real version of Ghost Hunting to tv. One that doesn’t play incredibly ridiculous suspenseful music or where you use tons and tons of equipment. It makes it very personable and easier to relate to.
    If you want a trip to Colorado, you can come and investigate my house. We have a blonde woman spirit who roams the house and tiny “ghost cats” as we call them that run around in our basement.

• Reply Barbara October 23, 2016 at 5:48 am

I’ve heard sensitives that I respect say that often spirits who pass as children “grow up” on the other side. That may explain the 33. As for Lucy hopefully now that she’s been acknowledged things will calm down. Great show!!!

• Reply Lori Yanos October 23, 2016 at 7:32 am

Thanks to you and Adam for helping those out there! I like that you look into the history of the place/land. I myself like knowing the “why” behind things. There is a reason for everything. Great job you two! Looking forward to more

• Reply Carolyn Kahles October 23, 2016 at 10:55 am

What a wonderful show. This has answered all the questions I had during the investigation and presentation. I will continue to watch as long as you and Adam are able to help people like this! Great Job! Great Show!

• Reply Michael Steven McCall October 23, 2016 at 10:57 am

The number 33 is the age of Jesus when he was crucified. According to some who have had near death experiences, older adults who have died will revert to the physical appearance they had at that age. Children may stay as children for the benefit of their earthly parents who still live until they meet in the supernatural world and reestablish their relationships and ‘grow up’ over time thus giving the parents the opportunity to ‘nurture’ the child to adulthood which was lost upon the death of the child.

My late wife had four miscarriages during our marriage. 30 years later she died (2011). Four years later, I received a vision from her showing her at age 33 with the four children she miscarried during our marriage. This vision she sent me, was a message to me that she and our children are waiting for me.
    There is more that has happened prior to this vision but this one is the last vision I had of my late wife. I’m at peace with this.

• Reply amybruni October 23, 2016 at 10:59 am

We actually discussed this during the case as well. It also just so happened Adam would be 33 when we were there.

• Reply Ruth Anne October 23, 2016 at 11:02 am

Yes, sometimes they are still small and sometimes older as teens or occasionally adults. There are various factors that influence it, I would say, but you never know.

• Reply Anna October 23, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Love the new show!! It’s great to see you and Adam working together again.

• Reply Greg hplland October 23, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Loved the new show. So look forward to your future investigations.

• Reply Edward Monroe October 23, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Great show

• Reply Lisa October 24, 2016 at 2:17 am

I wonder if it depends when or how a child passes away (especially a baby) if they decide to keep aging. I know of a best selling author, psychic, medium, astrologer Joyce Keller whom lost her baby girl and later on got a spirit photo on silk screen (I believe that is what is was) of her grown up which resembled her husband that she showed in her book, “Seven Steps to Heaven.” I have also heard the same theory Barbara.

• Reply Michael Steven McCall October 24, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I believe that a child does have that choice to remain as a child or grow before the parents join them. For me I base that on personal experience. My late wife miscarried four times before she had to have a hysterectomy that ended her ability to have children. Each one of those miscarriages ended early in the first trimester. This worked on her emotionally. And the miscarriages in the mid eighties. She passed away in 2011.
    Her death was hard to take. I had four dreams whereas I could see her in a glass house but I couldn’t get her attention. And in the third dream, I left her a rose on the floor. In the fourth dream, she was holding and smelling the rose. She then looked up at me with a smile on her face and mouthed the sentence “we will talk soon”. After that dream, I felt some relief from the anxiety I felt.
    About four years later while at work, I suddenly found myself in a vision. A spirit picture with a closeup of her smiling face looking down. The picture pulled away from her face and opened up to a wider scenery with her looking up directly at me. She was sitting in a chair and had four children surrounding her. All of the children were about age four. They looked away from her and directly at me smiling and waving. A voice told me that theses children are mine and hers. “This is your family. We will be waiting.” After that vision, I am completely at peace. I don’t fear death. What else I got from the spirit picture is that she is nurturing them. So yes, I believe the children do have a choice.

Another comment mentioned the possibility that a loved one can sense the emotions of those they left behind. I do believe this is true.

A woman I know lost her boyfriend of 12 years from a massive heart attack two years ago. She told me that she felt that his spirit attached itself to her and visited her in dreams. All the dreams involved the late BF asking if she was OK. This had been going on ever since he passed away. She had a restless sleeping pattern because of this.
    I told her that his spirit was not attached to her but rather she was attached to him. And that is why his spirit keeps asking her if she is OK. Her emotional bond to him was so strong that he felt her worry and longing for him. That kept pulling him back. My advice was that she needed to come to terms with his death, accept the fact he is OK and understand the separation between them is temporary. Once she accepted this, her dreams stopped.

There is not a lot that we as the living can understand about the spiritual world but we do get bits and pieces of information. But I think we are not meant to completely understand the life beyond this world. I do believe in God and his design for us and we have a better life awaiting us beyond our physical reality.