Featured Ghosts Lifestyle The Kiddo Travel

Back to work!

July 6, 2016

The last two years, I’ve been so fortunate to make my own hours and mostly stay home.  I have a local office I go into a couple times a week to work on Strange Escapes stuff, and once every month or two I travel for a few days for work. This has been amazing for my family and me as most of the time, I feel like a stay at home Mom.

Which is why I didn’t take returning to television lightly. My largest problem with TV before was the unpredictability of the schedule, which made childcare so difficult for us. Not to mention, leaving to do something I wasn’t all that crazy about anymore was hard.

As soon as Adam and I announced our departure from GH, networks and production companies came knocking to see what we were doing next. But really, the idea of being back on TV was anxiety inducing for me – until Adam and I made the decision that if we were going to do it, it was going to be on our terms. Meaning, it would be a show we created, with our own schedule and importantly, our own values.

So here we are with our baby, Kindred Spirits, (which is a working title.) I’m so glad Destination America announced yesterday so I could finally start talking about it! (And explain why my blog has been so quiet – we’ve been busy!)

Couldn't do this show without our crew. They've been phenomenal!

Couldn’t do this show without our crew. They’ve been phenomenal!

I can’t go into too many details yet, but this show is everything I’ve ever wanted to do within the paranormal. Now that I have my own family, the value of family has never been more apparent to me – which is why this show focuses on helping families, especially those who feel they are being haunted by a loved one. It’s been so fulfilling and rewarding to see this all come together and I can’t wait for you all to be able to see how transformative our experiences have been.

That being said, one of the nice things about Executive Producing and creating is being totally involved in the production process and making sure this is a project we can be proud of and that it is indeed something worth leaving home for every once in awhile. The other nice thing is, we don’t travel far, we keep everything to our area so we can be home with our families as much as possible.

I’ve worked so hard to make what I love into my living. Seeing it come full circle has been one of the proudest moments of my life, and to be able to help people, plus be here for my family at the same time has made sticking to my guns so worth it in the end. I can’t wait for you all to see some of this journey on screen.

Thanks for believing in me and for coming along on all this craziness!

xoxo,

~ a

PS. See Destination America’s official press release regarding Kindred Spirits here. While not in the press release, I’m hearing we should be premiering in the fall, but don’t hold me to that! 🙂

• Reply Luanne Decicco July 6, 2016 at 9:01 am

Thats wonderful I can’t wait.

• Reply Corey July 6, 2016 at 9:11 am

Hi Amy! I’m glad you are doing what you want and love to do! How does one apply to be on the show?

• Reply amybruni July 6, 2016 at 9:21 am

If you’re in the New England area and have a case you think fits the bill, send all the details to amy@amy-bruni.net along with your location and contact info. 🙂 And thank you!

• Reply Niki Jolin July 6, 2016 at 11:52 am

This is Amazing! I love watching you two on TV and can’t wait to tune in!

• Reply Deborah Vick July 6, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Amy, I haven’t had T.V. now for 5 years and I watch Ghost Hunters on u tube every day!. I just love this show. Been my very favorite for 10 years and I’m so enjoying all the very first episodes so much. I have watched you from the beginning and even though your pregnancy with Charlotte. She’s such a beautiful little girl! Looking so forward to seeing you and Adam at it again. I might even have to get cable so I can see your new adventure!

• Reply Marc Bacon July 6, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Awesome! Wishing you folks all of the best. Can’t wait to see what you produce.

• Reply Helen July 6, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I am so happy for you and Adam. It’s so important to be able to control your own destiny. I’ll be counting down until the premiere!

• Reply Diane Etheridge July 6, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Am really looking forward to seeing the
    show you and Adam are putting together.
    You both seem genuine and intelligent and
    that will equal a great program.

Amy, your daughter is adorable!!

• Reply Lisa July 7, 2016 at 9:21 am

Looking forward to this – as much as I love Ghost Hunters, that’s the one thing I feel like the show had been missing the past few years, the family element. It seemed like it started out with a more people-focused approach and then moved on to the big asylums and factories as they got more popular. I will definitely be tuning in!

• Reply Katie July 7, 2016 at 6:09 pm

I’m so looking forward to your show! :D! Congratulations on everything!