General

Just the beginning…

January 4, 2016

I suppose it’s been a long time coming. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the words, “You need to start a blog!” when I’ve shared interesting experiences, spouted random advice or talked about my favorite new wine on social media. I know, there’s a lot of us Moms out there having life experiences, but thanks to my seven year stint on a show called ‘Ghost Hunters’ I still have a large fan base who are my biggest champions. If anything, once I had my daughter, my fan base grew and not only did they grow, I became more attached to them – to you really, who ever is reading this. You’re like this extended family I’ll never meet face to face, but who I know I can reach out to when I want to celebrate a little success, or need a pick me up on my darkest of days.

My current situation is one of adventure, craziness, entrepreneurship and most importantly, Mommyhood. I love being a mother more than I could have ever imagined. It seems like I waited an eternity to take that leap and every day, I am so thankful I did. My daughter Charlotte, (who as of this writing is three years old), entered this world on 10/11/12 and life as I knew it ceased to exist. It’s been terrifying and wondrous. I’ve cried, I’ve laughed, I’ve second guessed myself constantly. But her father and I continue to marvel at this little being and how we haven’t seemed to screw anything up…too badly…yet.

After Charlotte, I made the big leap of leaving a successful television show to be home with her more. Financially, we still needed a second income, so I took my past Project Management and Event Planning experience, coupled it with my passion for looking for ghosts and started a company called Strange Escapes. We coordinate and plan paranormal getaways for fans of ghosts all over the world. We have an office now, (with a playroom for Charlotte), and my three year old has traveled with me to more places than many people will visit in a lifetime. I make my own schedule, I budget for my little one to be with me when ever it works and most importantly, I’m showing my daughter that you can do what you love, make a living and make time for all the most important people in your life.

Other random tidbits about me. I love fashion. I love to cook…most people know I also have a love for wine. I love crafting and homemaking. I love bargain shopping and well, just plain shopping. And not only do I travel for work, I also travel for fun.

That being said, I plan on this blog encompassing all of these things. I’ve learned so much over the years…from having my very normal office job, to leaving it behind to hit the road and look for ghosts on a television show, to again, making a transition and going along for the ride my life has decided to take me on. I’m looking forward to sharing it all with you. Little by little, piece by piece, moment by moment.

So please, subscribe, share, get ready.

xoxo,

~ a

• Reply Karen WIlson January 29, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Wishing you the best in all you decide to do. Just wish we could see more of you. Anything in the works??
    Thanks
    Karen

• Reply spiritADMIN January 29, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Yes, most definitely! 🙂

• Reply Jennifer January 29, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Hey Amy how are do ing I’m your#1 fan I love the ghost hunters I would really like to meet you and the of ghost hunters

• Reply Darcey Rook January 30, 2016 at 12:15 am

What a great idea. Blogging will be as fun for us to read as it will be for you to write, and if it gets us more Charlotte time and photos, well that’s good too 😘

• Reply amybruni January 30, 2016 at 12:52 am

Oh yes, much more Charlotte time. 🙂

• Reply Ann Antley January 30, 2016 at 12:17 am

Met you a couple times – love you and your overall spirit and apparently endless energy. Will be great to follow you on your site and live vicariously through you. I’m sure I’ll run into you again, somewhre, sometime – even if it’s in the next world! (Not stalking here, honest!)

• Reply amybruni January 30, 2016 at 12:51 am

Aw, thank you. I wish I had endless energy. It’s not even 8:00 and I’m ready for bed. 😉 Hope to see you again soon!

• Reply Janice Okunami January 30, 2016 at 12:32 am

HI Amy! Im glad you have this blog. I do enjoy your posts on Twitter and Facebook too! Much luck!

• Reply amybruni January 30, 2016 at 12:51 am

Thank you! I promise, those will continue just as before 🙂

• Reply Deb January 30, 2016 at 12:34 am

Hi Amy, I have you on my Facebook and I love seeing what you write about you life and I have a laugh sometimes. It bring backs lot of memories of my own life with having four children. Cheers for all the laughs and memories. I will love to read your blog. As I have a blog as well. With my life.
    Cheers Deb

• Reply amybruni January 30, 2016 at 12:50 am

Thanks!

• Reply Stephanie Abney January 30, 2016 at 12:38 am

Ooh, fun! A lifestyle blog. While I did love watching Ghosthunters, I definitely became “Team Amy”. Mostly because you have fabulous hair. Maybe you’ll blog about that? 😉
    I enjoy seeing your snippets as a mom, particularly because your life didn’t cease. She just became part of your crazy, and that’s what parenting is all about! Excited to hear more. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply amybruni January 30, 2016 at 12:50 am

Thank you! That was always part of my plan, I just wasn’t sure I’d be able to pull it off. I’m still not sure, haha. 🙂

• Reply Eileen Long January 30, 2016 at 1:04 am

Amy, I look forward to reading your blog! You are so multitalented!

• Reply Cindi Streb January 30, 2016 at 1:18 am

I think your wonderful and that your a super mom. Your little girl is beautiful and you can see how much she is loved. Its fantastic that you can give her all these memories and expose to the world. I am very happy your doing this blog and I look forward to your posts and pictures. I am a mother of 3 and grandma of 7 and now I am raising 2 of my grandchildren Liliana who was born a month before your little angel and her 17 year old brother along with my soon to be 18 year old son and my handicapped sister ( she is downs and I have custody since my mom passed away in June 2015 ). Keeping up with all of them is a real challenge but when I see your pictures I feel inspired . Working and having a little one is hard but when I think of all the things your child is experiencing it just makes me so happy. Having Adam as her uncle is the best ! I liked him from the first moment I saw him on the show. I wish you all the best and many years of happiness and great memories. By the way I have been teaching my sister all about my love of ghost hunting and have her hooked on watching all my ghost shows. One day I will take her on a ghost hunt !

• Reply Aldona Pilmanis January 30, 2016 at 1:46 am

So glad you decided to do this! Much luck and love to you as you start this blogging adventure! XO

• Reply Joni Warden January 30, 2016 at 1:47 am

I am not usually a fan of blogs only because I know how caught up I might get… and never get back to my artwork. *LOL* But your blog is on my very, very short list of 2.
    Wishing you every bit of luck Amy, in all that you want to accomplish!

• Reply Joe January 30, 2016 at 6:42 am

Following you all these years has been a gas! 😉

• Reply Sarah Godfrey January 30, 2016 at 11:58 am

Hi Amy, My first thought was …what are you going to do when Charlotte reaches 5 years old????

• Reply spiritADMIN January 30, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Charlotte actually starts preschool next year. She clearly won’t be coming along quite as often, but the two schools we are looking at are both very understanding of and actually promote travel, since it’s such a learning experience.

• Reply Kerry Ferris January 30, 2016 at 3:38 pm

I loved you on Ghost Hunters, and now love reading about all your travels and projects. You are an amazing women and mom! Thanks for sharing your world with us.

• Reply Meg January 30, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Hi Amy, I always enjoy your Facebook posts including and especially the ones with you traveling with your “mini-me”.

• Reply Logan Walker January 31, 2016 at 2:26 am

Hi, Amy! I have been a fan of yours for such a long time, but even more so since following along on your crazy, fabulous adventures! I can’t wait to see the places you and Charlotte go. ☺

• Reply Debbie M January 31, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Amy –

I’ve been watching GH for years and years – almost when it started. LOVED you and Adam, though originally I didn’t think he’d be able to replace Kris as my favorite pairing with you, but he did. The two of you are just so great together – you can tell how much you admire each other and what great friends you are.

As for Charlotte…my goodness. She looks like a living angel. I have a son, so I’ve been living thru “girl” stuff via you two. I just adore Charlotte!

By the way, I just want to say, I like it that Charlotte’s father is “Mr. X”. You have such a public life, that it’s nice to keep something private. (I’m sure you get some flack on that, so I wanted you to know that some of us are on your side.)

Seriously, good luck on everything! I wish I could come and see all of you at Strange Escapes sometime, but in all seriousness, I’m terrified of ghosts and would truly run screaming from a room and cause all sorts of problems.

• Reply Bob Cat February 2, 2016 at 7:45 am

Amy,

Very nice, well written, blog!

FYI – the top pic is stunning.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!! Keep writing.

• Reply Pam Bennett February 3, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Thank you for inviting us into a portion of your life. You have such a wonderful flow to your writing! Best of luck!

• Reply Kristen Seybolt February 29, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Hi Amy, I’ve been a fan since your Ghost Hunters days and am excited to get to see your new exciting adventures on instagram and myspiritedlife.com. I have a two year old little girl and it’s just the best – your daughter is adorable! All the best!